If it’s been a while since you updated your cell phone, you might be overdue. Technology advances quickly; we all know that. What business owners may not know is that this technological advancement has also happened in the telecommunications industry. So, now we ask, when was the last time you updated your business telephone system? We assume it was not as recent as your last cell phone update.
As a business owner, it’s your job to ensure that your establishment and employees have the tools they need to succeed. This can be as simple as changing from a landline POTs to VoIP. If you are not sure what the difference is between the outdated landline POTs (plain old telephone system) and VoIP (voice over internet protocol), we have some good news for you. We are experts and will explain further below.
The Difference Between VoIP and Landline
The fundamental difference between VoIP and landline is in their connection type. VoIP is short for Voice Over Internet Protocol and describes a telecom system that connects via broadband signal. This phone signal is sent over an internet connection, where audio data and other data packets for video or text are saved on servers.
VoIP providers offer a lot more support and services to their customers than traditional phone providers. This increases business owner satisfaction while simultaneously lowering IT support costs. Below, we will further discuss pros and cons of a VoIP line.
Landlines are what you normally think of when you think about phone service in an office. These lines connect to physical media, and audio data is transferred over physical wiring throughout the office and connected to the major phone “grid.” The name “landline” refers to this, stretching back to the days of the telegraph, where a physical wire ran over land to make phone connections.
Landlines are very limited in their functionality. When the telephone was first introduced to the public, the capabilities of these landlines offered everything a business needed from a telephone system. However, times have changed, and solutions that worked in the early 1900s cannot keep up with the needs of the current business world.
Improvements Made by VoIP Over Landline
There are many reasons that landlines are being phased out. Along with aging equipment that is becoming obsolete and difficult to replace, the features and functions modern businesses need to operate just aren’t available with traditional landlines. Some major improvements that phone systems have seen with the switch to VoIP include:
- Reliability: Internet-based phone systems are much more reliable than traditional phone systems. That is because of something called geo-redundancy. Basically, the servers that run internet-based systems are spread out geographically. If one goes down, there are fail safes in place for the other server(s) to kick in and minimize downtime.
- Scalability: As you know, business is often unpredictable. Your business will ebb and flow. As your business grows, you may want to add more lines and users to your phone system. A VoIP system makes these additions (and subtractions) easy as pie! All you need to do is give your provider a call and make a few minor adjustments.
- Flexibility: An internet-based system has the ability to use any internet anywhere. That means employees can utilize the system from remote locations, if needed. Also, many VoIP systems have a mobile app option that allows employees to access the company phone system on-the-go.
- Cost Savings: As we mentioned earlier, a major ‘pro’ to upgrading to a VoIP system is the lack of equipment needed to operate the system. This lack of equipment equals major savings. You will not need employees dedicated to keeping your system operating, and you will also not need regular visits from the technicians.
Switching to the RVAVoip4U
Gone are the days when making a telecommunications system switch is complicated. With the RVAVoIP4U service, you will get state-of-the-art call technology with the option to purchase equipment from familiar manufacturers. With the RVAVoIP4U service, you can expect the following features:
- Customized solutions
- Reliable connectivity
- Advanced innovation-led phone technology
- Unmatched customer support
- Friendly and superior customer service that makes you feel like you’re part of our family (because you are).
Why Partner with NTouchTel.Com
With NTouchTel.com, you get advanced communications services worthy of an enterprise system, with the care and concern of a small company. Reach out today if you are ready to learn more about VoIP systems and make the VoIP vs. landline final switch to avoid the fate of the dinosaurs and soar with your competition.